Wednesday 10 July 2019

Between the Buried and Me & The Contortionist @ Elements, Kitchener (July 9, 2019)

  Over the past 15 years I've been going to every single Between the Buried and Me show reasonably possible. Last night was no different, getting a chance to see the boys as they roll through Kitchener Ontario of all places on the third stop of their summer tour. I arrived just as their long time tour mates The Contortionist took the stage. They played a wicked set and built the anticipation greatly for the main event as I crushed a few beers. Between the Buried and Me took the stage and immediately set the tone with House Organ. SMASH! IGNITE! DESTROY! They proceeded to play a mix of songs mainly off Automata, and Parallax II with a sprinkle of Coma Ecliptic. I got hit so hard in the pit during Telos that my glasses flew right off my face (thanks to the dude that grabbed them for me ha ha).

  I've seen some amazing shows from these guys over the years, but last night was one of the best. The best part of the night happened before they even took the stage, getting a chance to meet Paul and shake his hand on my way into the gig! He was a super nice guy as expected. With a set list spread across most of the bands albums, we were even treated to a few rare gems (I'm looking at you Fossil Genera: A Feed From Cloud Mountain). The encore was the perfect cherry on top for long time fans, playing Foam Born and Decade of Statues from Colors before ending with long time closer Selkies. Cheers to Between the Buried and Me for consistently blowing my mind over the years. As always cheers to the crazy bastards in the pit, I'll see you all there next time! Check out a few pictures from the night below!

Between the Buried and Me




The Contortionist

 Metal Yeti /../;,,;/../

No comments:

Post a Comment