Wednesday 24 July 2019

Khemmis @ Velvet Underground, Toronto (July 24, 2019)

Khemmis are without a doubt one of my favourite modern doom metal bands. Walking the line between traditional epic doom and the sludgier side of things with a slight dable into darker territory on vocals, they never fail to get the blood pumping and the head banging. So on the eve of my 30th birthday I was elated to journey out for one last night of my 20's and raise some hell. Velvet Underground in Toronto is small intimate venue, perfect for a gathering of like-minded warriors looking to have a good time.

I unfortunately missed Cloak but Khemmis took the stage with conviction, absolutely annihilated us with their thick as hell riffage and powerful and equally devastating vocals. They played a great set list spanning their 3 albums. They started with one of my favourites, Above The Water, and proceeded to crush with Candlelight, Bloodletting, and Hunted amongst others. They closed with Maw of Time which got all the beer cans and battle jackets whipped to the fury. I couldn't think of a better way to end off my 2nd decade on earth. Cheers to the band and all the crazy metalheads at the show!

Khemmis

-Metal Yeti /../;,,;/../

No comments:

Post a Comment