Monday 12 August 2019

Iron Maiden @ Budweiser Stage, Toronto (Aug 9/10, 2019)

I've been looking forward to the Legacy of the Beast tour for months! An Iron Maiden double header weekend at an amazing outdoor venue in Toronto is irresistible to all Yeti kind. I went on a solo scouting mission for Friday night and it was so damn good I brought the entire pack out on the Saturday night to witness the madness. I've been to a few Maiden concerts before, but this one was the first that I shared with  both my wife and son. With Maiden playing in the background his entire life it was only a matter of time he asked to come with me to see the beast in action.

The amphitheater was completely packed with metalheads from the time the doors opened. The party ensued with a swarm of battle jackets and Eddie appropriate attire in all directions. One of my favourite things about maiden shows is that it seems its one of the only acceptable places you are completely allowed to wear the shirt of the band playing. I love seeing the sea of Maiden madness!!

The crowd was absolutely amped for things to start and erupted when Churchill's speech echoed into the night.  Following up Aces High with Where Eagles Dare and 2 Minutes to Midnight was unbelievable; every metalhead was on their feet.  Iron Maiden brought out all the stops for this tour it seems with a wicked set list and stage performance. Having the spitfire manure overhead Bruce and the boys during the fury of Aces High was truly incredible!

I did not spoil to set list before the show so I was shocked to hear some songs from the Blaze era with The Clansman an absolute rager! I also appreciate that they included some later era Bruce songs as well like The Wicker Man and For The Greater Good of God while still leaving room for classics like Revelations, Iron Maiden, The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, and The Number of the Beast . I will say that I was bummed my favourite album Somewhere In Time got snubbed on this tour, but I enjoyed hearing some songs I've never heard live before like Blaze Bayley masterpiece Sign of the Cross and the utterly classic Flight of Icarus.


Iron Maiden managed to blow my mind once again and my boy had the time of his life which makes things even better. Throughout the show he was rocking out hard and after he exclaimed "all the best heavy metal concerts have fire!!". They closed off the night with The Evil That Men Do, Hallowed Be Thy Name, and Run to the Hills which almost ripped the stage off its foundation! There's nothing quite like 15,000 people singing at the top of their lungs! Cheers to all my friends and family at the show and as always cheers to Iron Maiden for putting on one of the best shows I've ever seen!! Go see this tour if you get the chance! UP THE IRONS!!


IRON MAIDEN





-Metal Yeti /../;,,;/../

No comments:

Post a Comment